The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Kongu Arts and Science College has been established in the college at the instance of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure.
Kongu Arts and Science College has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘B’ Grade. We stand unique among the other institutions with a score 2.89 CGPA out of 4 which is in fact commendable. It is indeed a matter of pride and it proves our dedication towards quality education. The certification given by NAAC is valid for 5 years from 5/1/2013.
The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the Institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development of Quality Culture in the Institution
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC