The Department of Business Administration was started in the year 1995 with 3 years Under Graduate Course and Research program to provide quality and value based education.
The Department has highly qualified and dedicated faculty members who teach, guide and motivate the students. The Department is conscious of the demand for high quality, contemporary practical and more accessible graduate management education.
“Our College Strives to impart value-based education to create innovators and to uplift the rural youth to meet the challenges of the society”.
To Provide job oriented education, to improve Professional Skills, to give Training and Research Facilities, to create an amiable environment for rural youth to enrich their Capabilities, and to make them as responsible citizens by providing Ethical, Moral and Social Values.
Department offers the following Programmes
Under Graduate Programmes
- BBA (Computer Application)
- M.Phil Business Administration (PT)
- Dr. P.A. Venkatachalapathy, M.B.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., UGC-NET Assistant Professor & Head
- Ms. P.M. Deepa, M.B.A.,M.Com., Assistant Professor
- Ms. S. Jayanthi , M.B.A., M.Com., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Ms.T. Rajeswari, M.B.A.,M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Ms. V. Rajeswari , M.B.A., M.Phil.,Assistant Professor
- Mr.G.T. Sasetharan, M.B.A., Assistant Professor
2017 - 2018
The Department of Business Administration and Erode District Small Industries Association (EDISSIA) signed the MoU. Mr. K. Venkates President, EDISSIA, Erode, On 17th August 2017, has participated.
The Students of Business Administration have visited the Industrial Visit on 15th July 2017 and went to LOOLU MALL, Asia’s biggest shopping mall at Cochin. Students have visited all show-room and know about the brand value of various companies.
Guest Lecture Programme
- Our department has organised a Consumer Awareness Programme on 4th January 2018. Mr. Balasubramanian R, Secretary, Erode District Consumer Protection Council was the Resource Person. He elaborately discussed about the consumer rights and duties.
- The Department organized a guest lecture Programme on "Students Role in Environmental Conservation” on 12th December 2017. Mr. K.Kalidhasan, President, Oosai Foundation, Coimbatore, was the Resource Person
- Our department has organised a one day guest lecture Programme on “Personality Development” on 21st September 2017. Mr. L. Narayanan, Proprietor, MR Colour Labs & Studios, Erode. Was the Resource Person. Students learned about the Soft Skills and Time Management.
- Our Department organized a Management Association Inaugural and Special lecture on 16th August 2017. Dr.S.Deepansa B.V.Sc & A.H, Senior Manager, Indian Overseas Bank, Kavindapadi branch was the Chief Guest. The objective of the programme is students should equip the banking practical knowledge.
Seminar, Conference & Workshop
Our Department has organised a One day State level Conference on “Water Management and Tree Protection” on 22nd February 2018. This programme was inaugurated by Thiru N.K.K.Periasamy, Chairman and Correspondent . Dr. R.K. Bharathi, I.F.S. Chief Conservative Officer (Retd), Tamilnadu, Dr S.Sathyasundari, President ,Bhavani River Protection Council and S. Sampath, Vellore District were the resource persons of the Programme. More than 100 farmers have participated and gained knowledge about water utilisation and tree plantation.
ur Department has organised a One day State level Workshop on “Challenges & Opportunities for Entrepreneurs” on 30.01.2018. Thiru D.Venkateshwaran B.E., M.S (USA) Vice-Chairman, Ulavan Producers Ltd, Erode and Thiru. N. Sivanesan Ex.President, Small Scale Industries and Federation, Erode were the resource persons. Resource Persons have given lot of examples of successful entrepreneurs and innovative entrepreneurs.
The Entrepreneurship cell has organized a College Bazaar on 12th September 2017 at Vivekananda Auditorium. This programme was inaugurated by Thiru N.K.K.Periasamy, Chairman and Correspondent, in the presence of Treasurer Thiru V.R.Murugan, Joint secretaries Tmt Vasanthi sathyan, Tmt Parimala raja, and Principal Dr.M.Ramamoorthy. The purpose of this programme is students should enhance the marketing skills and gain practical knowledge.
Our department has inaugurated the Finance Club on 29th December 2017. Dr.S.Deepansa B.V.Sc & A.H, Senior Manager, Indian Overseas Bank, Kavindapadi branch has participated as a chief guest.
2017 - 2018
Our Final year students went to collect the Social Economic Data for tribal area people at Sathyamangalam tribal area on April 14-17th 2018 with Osai Environmental foundation, Coimbatore and Tamilnadu Forest Department
Our Department organised world Water Day celebration on March 22, 2018 at our college campus. More than 100 students participated and took pledge of water savings.
The Department of Business Administration and Tamilnadu Police,Bhavani Division jointly organised a rally on ”People Safety Awareness” at Bhavani on 26th February 2018. Mr.M.N. Elango, Inspector was inaugurated the rally. Students gave pamphlets to the people about the safety measures .More than 150 students of department and 10 Police members have participated.
The Business Administration Department and Olirum Erode, jointly Organised a Programme on “Dengue Awareness Campaign @ Rally in Erode City” on 19th July 2017. The programme was inaugurated by Thiru. M. Seeni Ajmalkhan Commissioner, Erode Municipal Corporation & Dr. K.M. Abul Hasen chairperson, Health Care Panel Olirum Erode Foundation Erode. The objective of the Programme is to create awareness among the city people. Students have issued the Pamphlets to the people about the awareness of Dengue Fever.
The Business Administration Department, Tamilnadu Agricultural University and Farmers Association, Erode jointly organised a Environmental Conservation Rally at Kavindapadi. The rally was inaugurated by Mr.NKKP.Rajaa ,Former Minister of Government of Tamilnadu, in the presence of Joint secretaries of our college Tmt.Vasanthi sathyan, Tmt.Parimala raja, and Principal Dr. M. Ramamoorthy. The purpose of rally is to create awareness among the people about nature and tree protection.
Dr.P.A.Venkatachalapathy –UGC- Project -A study on Entrepreneurial awareness among the Arts College Scheduled Caste Students with reference to Tirupur District of Tamilnadu- Rs. 1,30,000/-