Department of Information Technology, Bharathidasan College of Arts & Science, Erode offers Two UG Programmes such as B.SC (IT) and BCA. The Department is functioning with 8 highly experienced and dedicated faculty members. It has 6 Hi-Tech Computer Labs with 450 computers of latest configuration along with 10 Mbps WiFi internet facilities. The Department has excellent Departmental library .There are five recognised research guides to guide M.Phil Scholars. The Department is to promote and support the University’s effective use of Information technology.
This Department recommends ,implements and maintains Information Technologies and the further goals of the University .To achieve the global standards in quality of Education, Research and Development in Information Technology it adapts the rapid technological advancement.
The vision of the department is to produce technologically competent and ethically responsible graduates through balanced and dynamic curriculum, to take up creative research in collaboration with industries and professional societies, to empower the nation and to produce dynamic graduates with personal and professional responsibilities and commitment to lifelong learning.
Department offers the following Programmes
Under Graduate Programmes
- B.C.A (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- B.Sc Information Technology
- B.Sc Computer Technology
- Mr.D.Jayanth M.Sc.,M.Phil., Assistant Professor & Head
- Mr.R.Sankar M.C.A.,M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr.S.Gokulaselvan M.C.A.,M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr.S.Sundaramoorthi M.C.A.,M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr.S.V.Manikandan M.C.A.,M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Ms.V.Saranya M.Sc., Assistant Professor
- Ms.D.Revathi M.C.A., M.Phil.,.,Assistant Professor
- Ms.W.I.Preethi Sheelia M.Sc.,Assistant Professor
Department organized "Association Inauguration - ITAC 2018" on 19th Dec 2018. Dr.Siva Kumar, Assoicate Professor & Head, Department of Computer Applications, Park's College (Autonomous), Tirupur was the chief guest for this function.